Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2019

KDRAMA REVIEWS: "Where Stars Land" & "The Beauty Inside 2018"

WHERE STARS LAND

Photo credit to Google

CAST:
Lee Je Hoon as Lee Soo Yeon
  • Nam Da Reum as young Lee Soo Yeon
Chae Soo Bin as Han Yeo Reum
Lee Dong Gun as Seo In Woo
Kim Ji Soo as Yang Seo Koon

PLOT: Follows the lives of the employees of Incheon International Airport.

REVIEWS: I first watched Chae Soo Bin in 'Cheer Up!' (also known as Sassy Go Go) and then in 'Love in the Moonlight' and in 'I'm Not A Robot'  and she's a great actress too but she caught my attention when I watched her in I'm Not A Robot. She has a great chemistry with Yoo Seung Ho.

I loved Lee Je Hoon. I first watch him in 'Signal' way back 2017 and then in 'Tomorrow, With You'. I love both his character there but he actually caught my attention first in Signal and I'm still hoping and waiting for the second season of Signal. 

As for the drama, at first I thought Lee Je Hoon is a robot here. As in Robot just like in the drama 'I'm Not A Robot' and I thought also that "is this a sequel or continuation of that drama?" but then I realized that "It can't be a continuation" because Chae Soo Bin is the lead actress in 'I'm Not A Robot'.

At first, I was excited to watch this drama because of the lead actors but I WILL NOT list it as one of my favorites kdrama. The actors are all great but I'm a bit disappointed with the flow of the story especially the last episode. It most likely an office type drama. Well, I'm not into an office drama yet, that's why. For me there's not much chemistry between Lee Je Hoon and Chae Soo Bin. I still prefer her chemistry with Yoo Seung Ho. For the last episode, I'm super disappointed. Why? Why's the ending is like that? What happened? They didn't even show Lee Je Hoon's face in the last episode and it seems like they shoot it in a hurry.

As for the second lead Lee Soo Kyung and Kim Kyung Nam, I prefer their chemistry than the lead actors here. Don't get me wrong. Lee Je Hoon and Chae Soo Bin did great in their role but for the chemistry between actors, I want to give it to the second lead actors. And of course as a Filipino, don't forget the cameo appearance of Filipino actors Ejay Falcon and Lauren Young. They did great in their acting. They didn't disappoint the FIlipinos. They actually made me proud and I'm glad that they're the chosen one to have a cameo in that drama.

Overall, even though it's not one of my favorites kdrama I still recommend it to those who want to watch a light drama.

RATE: 6/10

                         -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE BEAUTY INSIDE (2018)

Photo credit to Google

CAST:
Seo Hyun Jin as Han Se Gye
Lee Min Ki as Seo Do Jae
Lee Da Hee as Kang Sa Ra
Ahn Jae Hyun as Ryu Eun Ho
Moon Ji In as Yoo Woo Mi
Lee Tae Ri as Jung Joo Hwan

PLOT: Han Se Gye's love story who's lives with a different person's faces for one week every month and the life of So Do Jae who seems perfect outside but suffers from prosopagnosia, a disability that cannot recognize faces.

REVIEW- I first watched Seo Hyun Jin in 'Dr. Romantic' and I liked her there. She's has great acting skills and beautiful enough to caught my attention and from then on I started to search about her and her other movie or drama and I must say, she's a versatile actress. She can portray any character.

I didn't know Lee Min Ki is an actor since 2005 until I watched him in the drama 'Because This is My First Life' with Jung So Min in 2017 and I loved his character there. The character of a serious and mysterious man suits him.

As for the drama, I have high expectation because I liked the movie version first but this drama didn't disappoint me. I didn't expect it to be different in the movie version. I thought it will be the same story plot as the movie but it's all different from the start. It is more engaging to watch more than the movie version. The chemistry between the main leads is great. The friendship of the three characters is so admirable and I want that kind of friendships. And don't forget the Second leads romance between Ahn Jae Hyun and Lee Da Hee. I didn't expect the chemistry between this two characters and I think it's much more stronger than the chemistry of the main leads.

Overall, It's one of the best drama in 2018. Worth watching and highly recommended!

RATE: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment