Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2020

[NEWS]: Red Velvet's Irene Wrote Apology Letter After Accusations About Her Rude Behavior!

 

photo credit to Google

On October 22, Red Velvet's Irene posted a written apology in her IG following accusations about her behavior.
"This is Irene.
I am sincerely sorry for hurting the stylist with my foolish attitude and careless words and actions.
Getting to this spot involved help from many people who worked together with me, but my immature actions caused great hurt and I regret that and am reflecting.
I’ve been looking back on the past because of this, and I’ve felt very embarrassed because of my lacking words and actions and I once again feel how precious the staff are.
I will be more cautious about my actions in the future so that this does not happen again.
I am sincerely sorry to the fans who support me and to everyone who has been caused concern because of this."

View this post on Instagram

아이린입니다. 저의 어리석은 태도와 경솔한 언행으로 스타일리스트 분께 마음의 상처를 드려 진심으로 죄송합니다. 제가 이 자리에 있기까지 함께 노력해주신 많은 분들의 도움이 있었는데 성숙하지 못한 행동으로 큰 상처를 드린 점 후회하고 반성하고 있습니다. 이번 일을 통해 지난 시간을 되돌아 보니 저의 부족한 언행이 많이 부끄러웠고 스태프분들의 소중함을 다시 한번 느끼게되었습니다. 앞으로는 이런 일이 없도록 더욱 신중히 생각하고 행동하겠습니다. 부족한 저를 응원해 주시는 팬 여러분과 이번 일로 인해 심려를 끼쳐드린 모든 분들께 진심으로 죄송합니다.

A post shared by IRENE (@renebaebae) on



On October 21, an Instagram post uploaded by an editor and stylist about an unnamed celebrity. The post described an encounter with them in which she had been brought to tears by the celebrity’s harsh words and felt humiliated.

She wrote that what she had heard from others should have made her prepare mentally beforehand, but she was left speechless by the celebrity’s words that she described as “electric needles.” “It was over 20 minutes that felt like hell in that unfamiliar room,” she stated. She went on to say, “Even when I thought about it for a while, I couldn’t understand her actions. After I collected myself, I wanted to talk to her properly, person to person, and receive an apology. However, she just disappeared. I recorded it in case something might happen. I should take action toward her.”

The post included the hashtags “#psycho” and “#monster.” This led to speculation about the subject of the post, with many people pointing out that those hashtags are titles of songs by Red Velvet and the sub-unit composed of Irene and Seulgi. Many began to suspect Irene when the editor deleted a complimentary post she had written about Irene in 2016.

While SM Entertainment has also released a statement:

"This is SM Entertainment.

We are conveying our statement about the stylist’s online post regarding Irene.

Irene personally met with the stylist this afternoon and sincerely apologized for deeply hurting her with her careless attitude and emotional words and actions, and she feels sorry for causing concern with her immaturity.

Our agency feels responsibility for this incident, and we do not forget the hard work of all the representatives and staff who work together with our company and our artists. We will work hard so that this does not happen again to the people we work with.

We once again apologize for causing concern to many people."

Following these statements, the original post by the editor has now been deleted.

And on October 23, Red Velvet have decided to pull out of upcoming '2020 K-Culture Festival' events according to media outlet reports.

Red Velvet have been active as the official ambassadors of the '2020 K-Culture Festival' along with Super Junior K.R.Y. The girl group was originally scheduled to hold a live fan meeting this October 24 as official 'K-Culture Festival' ambassadors; however, SM Entertainment recently asked the event side to cancel the fan meeting in light of member Irene's recent controversy.

No comments:

Post a Comment